Previously in What's New - Spring 2016
A Brand New, Rebuilt Proofing Workspace
For the last few months, we focused on building a faster, more efficient, creative review process - a process that results in faster project approvals to meet deadlines and increase productivity. We’re proud to unveil our new Proofing Workspace that is cleaner, simpler and more modern - built to streamline the Reviewer’s experience, enhance ease-of-use and provide faster access to relevant content.
- Reviewers will be pleased with how quickly assets load (three times faster) as they move through a review.
- Proofing Workspace elements now expand and collapse providing more viewing real estate.
- ‘Compare Mode’ and ‘Split Screen’ can be set as vertical or horizontal views to accommodate files of any shape.
- Wider Comment boxes accommodate lengthier messages and expand or collapse in place, making it easier to navigate through long lists of feedback.
- We’ve added keyboard, mouse wheel and trackpad shortcut commands.
- We've also consolidated the markup tools and their properties into the sidebar.
Improving the Reviewer’s experience and shortening the review cycle doesn’t stop here. We’ll be releasing more improvements over the next months. Our development roadmap is packed with lots of new features.
Check out a Side By Side Comparison of the New and Previous Proofing Workspace.
Highlights from Previous releases in Spring 2016:
Responsive UI for Mobile Devices
ConceptShare now has a fully responsive UI for mobile devices. Reviewers who are outside of the office can log in through a web browser on their smart phone or tablet to quickly and easily access and launch reviews, add feedback and approve or reject assets and view and playback files with team members abroad.
Watch a demonstration of a Reviewer using Mobile and Learn more about the Mobile Experience
OpenTextTM Media Management Integration
OpenText Media Management (OTMM), a platform for digital asset management, when integrated with ConceptShare, ensures that approved assets are properly stored. Assets tagged ‘Approved’ in ConceptShare are automatically published to OTMM with the appropriate metadata and can be linked to the proper security profiles. This helps creative teams manage asset information throughout its lifecycle.
Learn more about our Partners
Upload HTML5 Files to ConceptShare
ConceptShare users can now review and approve HTML5 animation files the same way they do on video files. Inefficiencies can commonly be found in how we route, review and secure approvals on creative assets. It’s certainly not efficient if you can’t use the same review and approval tool on each and every file type – review and approve your HTML5 files in ConceptShare.
Learn more about preparing an HTML5 file for upload
To help us better train and support new users and announce new features we are introducing a new in-app messaging tool. These unobtrusive messages will provide tips, ask for feedback and tell you about new features.
ConceptShare is thrilled to unveil our refreshed brand identity. The update is part of the evolution of our company since its founding in 2006 and paves the way for how we’re moving forward. The new brand reflects a slick, streamlined creative production process.
Explore the new corporate branding guidelines, along with files for download.
Simplified, Faster Feedback Management
We have consolidated the Add Feedback and Feedback areas in the Proofing Workspace into one central place to add, review, and respond to feedback. This means fewer clicks, and a much faster experience when using the Proofing Workspace!
- To add feedback to an asset, simply click on the small plus sign icon in the right side toolbar to expose the Add Feedback panel.
- You can then use the markup tools to add your markup and feedback.
- To view all feedback, simply click on the chevron icon to collapse the Add Feedback panel and expose All Feedback.
Remembering the way you like to work:
- When you select a particular viewing mode while reviewing Documents in the Proofing Workspace your preferences will be remembered and carried over to all documents you view moving foward (of course, until you change your preference!). This creates a much smoother and faster experience when reviewing multiple documents.
- When you first open a document in the Proofing Workspace, select your preferred view mode from the options menu in the top right of the Proofing Workspace
- This view mode will be remembered and become the default view mode for all other documents you open in the Proofing Workspace until you change your preferred view mode or unless a view mode is unsupported due to document limitations. For example:
- If Two Page view mode is selected as preference, and you open a document with only one page - the view mode will default to Single Page view.
Scrolling for Multi-Page Documents:
We have updated the Proofing Workspace so that when you are zooming in on multi-page documents you will see vertical and horizontal scrollbars appear - this means you can use mouse wheel controls to scroll through different parts of the document so you can review everything you need faster, and with fewer clicks.
- Open a document in the Proofing Workspace and zoom in. You will then see scroll bars appear on the right side and bottom of the document
- The mouse wheel no longer does zooming as the default action, and instead handles scrolling of a document if needed in both horizontal and vertical directions
- Additional shortcuts, mouse wheel + key selections will also control both horizontal and vertical scrolling of documents (see our knowledge base for more details)
- This applies to documents only - for images and video the mouse wheel will still be used for zooming
Continuous Feedback for Multi-Page Documents:
With this new update you will always see the page thumbnails in the left sidebar while adding feedback. This means reviewers only need to click "Add Feedback" once, then add all of their feedback throughout the entire document without clicking back and forth between viewing modes - making document reviews happen even faster.
- Open a multi-page document in the Proofing Workspace, and click the plus icon to open the Add Feedback panel.
- Page thumbnails will remain in the left side panel, and you can click to any page to continuously add feedback
- You can use the small arrow on the left side panel to close page previews if needed
Web Font Support for HTML5 Files:
We now support Web Fonts in the Proofing Workspace for HTML5 files. This means when HTML5 files using Web Fonts are uploaded into ConceptShare, they will be rendered with the proper font when opened and viewed in the Proofing Workspace.
What Else is New?
If you haven't had the chance yet, we recommend checking out the exciting new updates to the Creative Operations Hub - the ONLY online community exclusively for Creative Operations professionals.
Become a member today at www.creativeopshub.com to find and share tips, insights, and best practices with other professionals like you.