A Deliverable is a project within a project in ConceptShare. Think of it as a sub-project.
A deliverable is an organizational tool primarily used to separate assets and activities within a project. For instance:
- A retail marketing team may dedicate one project to in-store advertising, but separate it into different campaigns (Summer, Fall, Back to School, Christmas, etc.). This is where deliverables can be helpful.
You can create a deliverable by going to the project you'd like to add it to and clicking the Deliverables tab at the top of the project.
- Select your project, and click the deliverables tab at the top of the project.
- Click Add Deliverable.
- Enter a title in the dialog box. A title is all you need to create a deliverable.
- If desirable, select More Options to add extra information:
- Code: Automatically generated from the title. The code is used in workflow automation.
- Description: Enter a text description of your deliverable to provide further context and define its purpose.
- Tags: Add a tag to your deliverable to help with organizing, tracking and finding it in the system.
- Start and Due Dates: Select the start and due dates for your deliverable using the calendar tool.
- Owner: The creator of the deliverable is automatically the owner, however this can be changed by clicking the X on the right and typing in a new name. Deliverables can have only one owner, but project admins have full access to deliverable and their settings.
- Visibility: You have the option of making it available to everyone in a project, or select individuals.
- Status: This field is used to track the progress of your deliverable. By default it is set to Not Started.
- Phase and Phase Group: Phases are custom statuses. They're a way for you to configure the phases associated with how you and your team work. Phases and phase groups are created in Account Settings.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom, and your new deliverable will appear in the deliverable list under the deliverables tab.
You can access deliverables by clicking on them in the Deliverable page of a project. Once inside a deliverable, it acts very similarly to a project. Depending on your permissions you can:
- View activity in the Activity Feed
- View or Edit deliverable info and settings
- Add, view or manage deliverable To-Dos
- Add, view or manage deliverable Reviews
- Add, view or manage deliverable Assets
- Add, view or manage deliverable Resources
The Deliverable dashboard allows you to see a list of all Deliverables in a Project. It also allows you to perform some basic Administrative tasks on your Deliverables.
- To open a deliverable: Click the name of it.
Selecting the check box to the left of a single Deliverable and then clicking the Actions button allows you to access the available activities such as Editing the Deliverable, Creating a Feedback Summary for the Deliverable or Deleting it.
- Edit: Editing will allow you to adjust any of the fields in your Deliverable with the exception of Workflows. This can not be changed once it has been saved.
- Create Feedback Summary: Selecting Create Feedback Summary will open the Feedback Summary dialogue box. A Feedback Summary is a PDF file with information on of all of the Assets and Reviews which have been performed in your Deliverable. This will not alter the progress of your Deliverable and you can continue working in it as before.
- Delete: Selecting Delete will remove the Deliverable and all of its contents from ConceptShare. This can not be undone, so make sure you are confident that you no longer require the Deliverable before selecting Delete.
To bulk manage more than one deliverable, select as many as you like by checking the boxes on the left of each deliverable and click the Actions button at the top. Select the action you wish to apply to all of the selected Deliverables.
You have now learned the ins and outs of deliverables in ConceptShare, allowing you to better organize your assets!